Friday, June 27, 2008

Great Grandma Waipo

I was supposed to go Lombok on 14th June for an all-girls overseas trip. I had to back out on the night before as my mum called and told me Grandma Waipo passed away (at age 88). She was senile and weak for the past few years since I got married. I'm so sad that I don't even have a picture of her. Mum was very upset. The funeral was elaborate. Grandma Waipo has many children and grandchildren. She's a gentle & soft spoken lady. I used to stay in her house when mum had to work. My aunties took care of me while I played with my cousins, climbed trees, burnt leaves, packed with sand, wrapped up with newspaper, pretended to be selling Nasi Lemak. Memories of kampong days started flashing on my mind and thoughts of losing the closed ones are making me fearful. Perhaps, these are just phases of life. I miss Waipo, my last grandparent.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 

free blog template and graphic design by quirky bird. Copyright 2007 and beyond.